Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Good Mom



A mother's love is truly unmatched by anything in the world. A mother carries you in her womb, feeds you, protects you, and loves you -- before anyone else has even met you. To a good mother, you are special at every age, whether you are happy or sad, obedient or troublesome, quiet or obnoxious.

Personally, I think a good mom is someone who sees their own weaknesses, who sees themselves for who they are, and works on those things that need work. Nobody is perfect, and no matter how hard we try, we're never going to be perfect. We can strive to be the best parent possible, but in the end, that's the best we can do. 

Sixteen years ago today (it's my oldest daughter's birthday), I began my journey as a mother at the age of 18. I have grown older and much wiser since that day. I am proud of my children and love them with my whole heart. That is something that nothing and no one can ever change.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment