Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sometimes You Can't Win

Don't you hate those situations that it seems no matter what choice you make, there will be no positive result? It is a frustrating maze, trying to choose the lesser of two evils (I feel that way every time I vote actually). But, whatever you choose, know that sometimes you can't win -- and there is nothing wrong with it. Accept it. Relish in it. Maybe if you realize you've already lost, a new door will open. At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

I'm no expert, but I do believe in karma. I put good feelings and deeds out into the world, hoping that I will have good things in return. Unfortunately, I am also a realist. I know that you can do all the good possible and still have to deal with difficult or emotionally painful situations. That is life.

In my mind, the secret is knowing that although you can't always "win", that you will not be completely defeated. Know that the small (and big) losses in your life will ultimately pass, and good times will return again. Maybe those losses are there to teach you a lesson that you'll need later. Sometimes you can't win...but wait for the storm to pass. The sun will shine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment