Thursday, February 16, 2012

Taking a Deep Breath...

When things seem overwhelming, it can be exhausting, especially when it feels like every part of your life has "something" that needs your attention. Personally, I have been going through some big changes in the last year, some for the better...and some that were just change. One thing that I have found very helpful (thanks honey), is talking out my thoughts to my best friend, who also happens to be the man I love. He keeps me grounded in so many ways and gives me another perspective on some of our day-to-day problems.

Since I tend to be a reactor, he recently gave me the advice to just let a few things simmer for awhile. To NOT make any decisions and avoid responding to any negativity that is lingering in parts of my life. Just take a deep breath...and live. This week, I have been focusing on doing just that. I gave myself permission to focus on some things and put some others on the back burner. Don't get me wrong -- I am not avoiding important issues that must be dealt with -- and I definitely haven't forgot about them. But, I'm thinking more clearly and found my smile again this week after having a few days to reflect...and just breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment